Wednesday 5 March 2014

Good use of time

I took today off work as holiday in order to relax and destress. Life has been busy of late and I thought a nice peaceful day of not doing very much would be just what was needed to recover a little bit of energy.

Today, I:
  • Bought 450l (£24 worth) of garden compost
  • Built a vertical garden and planted herbs and strawberries in it
  • Bought and planted a cherry tree
  • Bought and planted a rhubarb crown
  • Replanted a loganberry bush
  • Planted 30 early seed potatoes
  • Planted some jerusalem artichokes
  • Rearranged things so I could grow beetroot and then planted them
  • Dug in the rest of the green manure on the brassica beds and then put a new layer of compost on top
  • Realised that I'd used 450l (£24 worth) of garden compost in one day
  • Covered all the earth round the fruit bushes in bark chips
  • Planted another seed tray full of vegetables
  • Squeezed said seed tray under the sun lamp and built some extra reflectors
  • Lay down and may not ever rise again.
So yes, nice, quiet, relaxing, peaceful day of not doing very much. Granted, I now feel quite good about how the garden's progressing. While the sun's still going down at 6pm, it's well-nigh impossible to accomplish anything after a day at work and my weekends are busy for the next fortnight, so I was a little bit worried about the pile of jobs that might've stacked up in the meantime.

I was going to write about the vertical garden today, but I'm so knackered that I think that will have to wait for another day. Early to bed and hope to survive the rest of the working week.

PJW

No comments:

Post a Comment